Empower & Confirm Diagnosis
Practices are evolving—not only to meet the challenges of resistant head lice, but in response to changing healthcare dynamics. As a complete solution, Spinosad Topical Suspension 0.9% can help.4
Head Lice Assessment Videos
Pyrethrin- and pyrethroid-resistance is seen here in live head lice 15 minutes after treatment with Nix®, as compared to an untreated control group.1
- Compare these in vitro videos against patient-provided images or video to confirm your diagnosis
- Share these videos with patients as an online teaching too
Source: Videos created in collaboration with J. Marshall Clark, et. al, and the Departments of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Molecular Pharmacology, Microbiology, and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Avoid OTC Resistance
Today, head lice resistance to permethrin- and pyrethrin-based OTC products is >98% across 48 states. The most significant contributors to increasing resistance include misdiagnosis and overuse of OTC pediculicides.1-3
Nix® is a registered trademark of Prestige Consumer Healthcare Inc.
- Gellatly KJ, Krim S,Palenchar DJ, et al. Expansion of the knockdown resistance frequency map for human head lice (phthiraptera: pediculidae) in the United States using quantitative sequencing. Journal of Medical Entomology, 2016:1-7.
- Meinking TL, Serrano L, Hard B, et al. Comparative in vitro pediculicidal efficacy of treatments in a resistant head lice population in the United States. Arch Dermatol. 2002;138:220-224.
- DP West, Head Lice Treatment Costs and the Impact on Managed Care, Amer J of Managed Care, September 1, 2004.
- Spinosad Topical Suspension 0.9% Prescribing Information.