An FDA-approved, targeted topical prescription therapy with multi-ectoparasite indications:1
When OTC formulations are no longer effective due to resistance5, 7 out of 10 pediatric specialists prescribe Spinosad Topical Suspension 0.9% for head lice.6
Spinosad Topical Suspension 0.9% is the only FDA-approved prescription treatment that meets the new FDA criteria for a “complete cure” of scabies.1-4
- Spinosad Topical Suspension Prescribing Information.
- Data on file, ParaPRO, LLC.
- Summary of NDA approvals & receipts, 1938 to the present. US FDA website. https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/histories-product-regulation/summary-nda-approvals-receipts-1938-present. Accessed January 19, 2021.
- LaMaina J. Can the record-breaking number of FDA new drug approvals continue? Forbes website. https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnlamaina/2019/01/09/canthe- record-breaking-number-of-fda-new-drug-approvals-continue/?sh=260bdf15aa83. Published January 9, 2019. Accessed January 19, 2021.
- Gellatly KJ, Krim S, Palenchar DJ, et al. Expansion of the Knockdown Resistance Frequency Map for Human Head Lice (Phthiraptera: Pediculidae) in the United States Using Quantitative Sequencing. J Med Entomol. 2016;53(3):653-659.
- IQVIA: May 5, 2021.